Below is a generic outline of what the cost of a standard trip covers. Country specific documents identifying what is included in a trip will be sent to you at time of booking All the standard items below are included. On survival courses accommodation and food can vary dependant largely on you. You will be living in shelters you build and off food you catch for several days.
What is included?
- All food for the duration of your trip with Bushmasters will be covered. This will range from the best Brazilian BBQ to the freshest Caribbean fish you are likely to have, to trek rations, which are basic and light, but sufficient. During survival phases we will find a variety of foods for you, plus you will have to find / catch some yourself! We do not provide food when you are in the main cities. This gives you the chance to get out and explore.
- All accommodation ranging from hotel/lodges with en-suite bathrooms to jungle hammocks, or desert tents.
- All the specific kit is provided. We do not believe you should have to buy specific equipment for only a few weeks usage, so we provide this. It also means you are confident you have the right stuff! You need to bring the remaining gear, though this tends to be items most people may have already or can make good use of in the future.
- All internal, vehicle, boat and air transportation. Given the remoteness of the areas we work in and times of year, the type of transportation may vary. For example, in the wet season boats get to some places better than vehicles and vice versa in the dry season.
- All staff and guide fees.
- All park entry and usage fees.
- All communications, medical and safety kit required for each activity.
What is not included?
- International air fares. But we can give you advice.
- Country exit taxes: currently GY$4000 (US$20) departure tax for Guyana. Belize and Jordan n/a
- Travel Insurance. You must have this. We are in remote countries and if you need winching out by helicopter from hole we cut in the jungle canopy, you need insurance to cover this, plus medical attention, repatriation costs and so on. See Insurance.
- Visas, if required. UK/US/EU citizens generally do not need a visa.
- Souvenirs etc. you may want a traditional Amerindian bow and arrow, Arab Shemagh or Belizean art for example.
- Alcoholic drinks.
- Meals whilst in Georgetown, Caye Caulker, Lethem, Aqaba, Petra, Amman, Belize city etc.