Bushmasters are excited to share our latest competition with you all!
All you need to do is like and comment this post to be in with the chance to win a space on our next Jungle Survival trip! Taking place August 13th-26th 2017, our coveted Jungle Survival experience is not to be missed.
You have to be over 18 to enter and you have until the 1st July to like and comment on the post to have your name placed into our random draw. Should you win the competition, you will then have less than a month to book your flights, gather your things, and get prepared for your intense two weeks ahead.
Our two week trip takes you right into the heart of Guyana, South America. With the aid of our ex British Special Forces instructor and two local guides, you are thrown into the action as you learn how to survive in the jungle with almost nothing to your name.
Bushmasters train you with all the skills necessary to endure the jungle. You are then left to your own devices to survive, alone, with only a handful of items to assist your time in the jungle.
What is included in the prize:
- All food whilst on a trip will be covered. This will range from village eco-lodge meals to trek rations, which are basic and light, but sufficient. During survival phases we will find a variety of foods for you, plus you will have to find and catch some yourself! Meals whilst staying in the main towns and cities food will be at your own expense – it is detailed in the itinerary exactly when this will be.
- All accommodation ranging from lodges to hammocks to tents
- All the specific environmental equipment (as mentioned in the kit list)) is provided. We do not believe you should have to buy specific equipment for only a few weeks usage, so we provide the specialist kit. It also means you are confident you have the right stuff!
- You need to bring the remaining gear,though this tends to be items most people may have already or can make good use of in the future.
- All internal, vehicle, boat and air transportation (less taxi to/from international airport). Given the remoteness of the areas we work in and times of year, the type of transportation may vary. For example, in the wet season boats get to some places better than vehicles and vice versa in the dry season.
- All staff and guide fees.
- All park entry and usage fees.
- All communications, medical and safety kit required for each activity.
What is not included?
- International air fares, but Bushmasters will be able to help with any questions you have. Average flight costs are GBP850 all year round.
- Taxi from international airport to / from the meet up hotel.
- Meals in the major towns and cities dependant on trip. See itinerary.
- Country exit taxes: currently GY$4000 (US$20/UK£17) departure tax for Guyana.
- Travel Insurance. You must have this. We are in very remote country and if you need winching out by helicopter you need insurance to cover this, plus medical attention, repatriation costs and so on.
- Visas, if required. UK/EU/US/CA/AUS citizens do not need a visa or are issued it on arrival
- Souvenirs: Bows, lasso, machete etc.
- Alcoholic drinks.